Target Core is the system made to automate your business as much as possible, while also allowing you to turn off automation you don’t want.
There is one database to maintain, one front end to learn, and one vendor to contact for support.
Below are the different sectors of the Target Core.
Target maintains a real time inventory showing personnel accurate inventory quantities in the beginning, middle and end of the month.
- Every receiving is updated real time. Buyers and A/P are notified immediately of shorts or excess.
- Every Will Call depletes inventory immediately. Pickers are not left wondering where the inventory went.
- Every Inventory Adjustment is immediately reflected in the On Hand values.
- Every Truck Route updates inventory.
- Outs are visible throughout the day – better handled before Pick time.
- Cycle Counts validate high turnover items.
- All departments can view on hand, to be returned, committed quantities, future committed quantities, and outside storage quantities.
- Inventory can be valued at any one of 4 cost bases.
- Track Customer Owned Inventory.
- Track Overstock Inventory.
- Each item number can have a case, each and master case unit of measure. All units of measure tracked under one item number.
- Transaction log on each Bin shows movement throughout the warehouse.
- See availability of each Lot or Receiving.
- See customers who purchased from each Lot or Receiving.
- Afternoon drops by committed and movement.
Customer Service will place the right order at the right place. Eliminate returns and credits by checking each order against the customer’s history.
- Fast lookup using google-like word search are recommended from the customer’s own history.
- Customer service views last time ordered and last price right on the entry screen.
- Smart checks verify that the quantity is not more than the customer’s typical order.
- Smart checks verify that the price is not significantly different from the last time the customer ordered.
- Recommended items are suggested such as cup/lid.
- Push items are suggested to move overstocks quickly.
- Determine whether the order is a Truck Order, Pickup or Salesrep Delivered.
- Create Contracts at Markup, Percentage or cents per pound.
- Create one price contract for all customers in a chain.
- Subtract deals within Price Contracts.
- Automatically roll Contracts to pick up new cost basis.
- User Customer Item numbers to order their products.
- Set weekly Flyer Specials to charge fixed price, percentage, margin or cents per pound over/under.
- Enter Food Show contracts.
- Automatically assign Beverage Taxes.
- Price Quotes for new customers.
- Reorder Forms sorted to customers’ preferences.
Target’s unique order processing tools improve fill rates and significantly decrease the time to fill each order.
- Pick labels printed to the warehouse’s custom specification.
- Quick Entry screen for Catch Weights eliminate the need to open any order.
- Preassigned Substitutes fill shorts.
- Pick Lists in order of Bin, Area, or Item.
- Truck Manifest lists all pertinent Driver Information.
- Route trucks to preassigned stops.
- Print outs and margin information by Route.
- Maintain routes with detailed stop and driver notes.
- Combine open orders for one customer.
- Accept cash from drivers immediately in warehouse.
- Picker Productivity Details show who is picking how much.
- Picker Errors information shows which items are often mispicked.
- Every pick tracks picker name, date and time.
- Bin Velocity report shows fastest moving items for most efficient warehouse layout.
- See progress of the night’s ship by viewing route control screen.
- Cube review allows custom cube for each truck to achieve balance between pallet height and warehouse trips.
Target’s A/R System provides real time information to management and salesreps.
- Post checks by Customer or Chain.
- Maintain on-account balances.
- Real time posting notification to customer service, credit and salesreps.
- Change full check posting to a different customer.
- Easy Service Charge fee entry.
- Email or print Statements.
- Maintain terms by days or dollar limit.
- Run statements for different customer groups.
- Show different reasons for customer credits.
- Multiple types of reporting for all credits.
- Apply Royalty Fees automatically.
- Customer Tickler Queue reminds A/R of expected payments.
Target’s A/P System ties bill real payment amounts to inventory value.
- Save time by pre-assigning General Ledger Accounts to all expenses.
- Track EFTS, Service Charges and ACH.
- Automatically apply early payment discounts.
- Automatically post all payments to the General Ledger.
Integrated General Ledger eliminates the need for add-on accounting systems.
- Print Income Statements and Balance Sheets on the last day of the month.
- Automatic postings eliminate the need for manual entries.
- Standard Entries minimize monthly manual work.
- Close and Open each month as many times as required.
- Determine percent of sales for each expense item.
- Target’s integrated General Ledger produces financial statements at any point during the month.
- Months may be opened and closed and reopened to apply late transactions. No holding up financial statements for tardy bills.
- Standard Entries for recurrent charges.
- Schedule Entry.
- Budget Entry.
- Accrued Accounts Payable keeps track of merchandise bills to be received.
Our detailed CEO monitoring tools keep managers well informed.
- CEO Dashboard lists key indicators for the business.
- Order Margin Screen identifies the margin for all orders to be shipped tonight.
- View profit minus Deals on all orders.
- View profit from oldest lot in warehouse.
- Out Review screen shows all items to be outed for tonight.
- Vendor Performance Analysis reporting provides concise information concerning Vendor delivery and fulfillment rates.
- Chain reporting summarizes sales and margin information for Chain Store sales.
- Commission Reporting supports commission structures by Sales or Gross profits, on Sales or Receipts. Graduated commission tables provide increased commissions for greater sales margins.
- View items sold below a certain margin.
- View sales by district or region.